lundi 25 mai 2009

AC awards

Cannes festival just took place in France, so I guess it's a great time to give some awards ! I have been living in California for now 2 1/2 years .... So here are some awards about my US life :
- best apartment / house : Santa Cruz : big, furnished, comfortable, a nice yard ... wonderful updated kitchen
- best landlord : Jeff, 1st landlord in Los Gatos.
- worst landlord : the current one, Robert .... pfffff ....
- best job : Google of course. I think, it will be one of my best jobs ever ...
- worse job : my previous job : selling cash advance to companies in difficulty ... what a shame ...
- best administration : Healthy families !!
- worse administration : not sure about that .... maybe social security ... or unemployment ...
- best grocery store : Trader Joes : organic and "cheap" (don't forget, I live in California ... )
- best emergency store : Walgreens I would say : open 24/7 : food, pharmacy, office supplies, photos, stationery
- best downtown : Los Gatos
- best US reality show : Jon and Kate plus 8 : I looove this family, even they are going through some rough times ... ush
- best US TV-show : probably Desperate Housewives ... I loved Gilmore Girls, but it does not exist anymore
- best improvement comparing to France : everything can happen quickly : you move: two days to transfer your internet connection, 1 week to find an apartment, a few minutes to open a bank account ... makes everything easier !
- best US "habit" that I would like to have in France : yeah ... I should be ashamed , but ... stores open on Sundays ... It's actually really noticeable : you go shopping with your family, when you don't work, without to hurry ...
- best improvement comparing to my life in France/ Europe : bigger rooms, a lot of space !
- best service in California : Craigslist ! Craigslist became kind of my buddy in California ... i don't know what I would do without Craigslist.
- and finally, best thing that happened to me in California : Louis-Arthur of course :)

3 commentaires:

Unknown a dit…

§§§£?§/£££&&&& brofffff c'est mieux en french:et jack tu n'en parles pas:"louis arthur estla meilleure chose...."and so on et le grand jack!!!!scrogneugneu... b and m

Anne-Cécile a dit…

ah ah, humeur taquine m&b ;) ... Pour Jack : il etait la avant la Californie, donc je n'inclus que ce qui concerne la californie! Et pour l'anglais, ba pourquoi pas .. j'habite en Californie justement !

BuBuLLe a dit…

aaah je suis bien d'accord pour les magasins ouverts le dimanche!! ;)

Pour Jon and Kate plus 8, figure toi que je l'ai vu sur une télé québécoise il y a qlq jours!!! Je ne savais pas que ça passait ici... visiblement depuis un moment car les gamins étaient déjà assez grand (ils mangeaient à table etc.).

en fait, il y aurait les trader joes ici ça serait pas mal pareil, le soleil à l'année en moins :p On a bien des produits californiens pourtant! Mais pas forcément les bios ;) (fraises, cerises, salade, ... j'ai une petite pensée pour toi à chaque fois que j'en mange lol).

Ah oui faut remplacer craigslist par kijiji aussi ;)

Bon bah alors, quand venez vous????? Tu vois c'est tout pareil ici xD